We had a wonderful Memorial Service for my Mom on Jun 15, 2012. I know she was smiling from heaven. We were able to ceelbrate the amazing woman that she was. It was heart warming to hear the countless, and I mean countless, people that considered her "Mom". She was the strength many needed, the listening ear most craved, the faithful servent leader and compassionate advocate for all who came in her path. Her dear friend Harryette shared at the service that there were many she loved, others she acceppted and a few others she tolerated, but everyonoe was blessed and a better person for knowing her.
I am more than honored to have called her my Mom and to have the remarkable relationship that I had with her.
She is missed every day and I see her in the simple things that I never even saw before. Mom's are truly a blessing, but my mom was and is the most remarkable woman I have ever known and probably will ever meet. Heaven grew a bit sweeter, and stronger when she joined the heavenly host.
As she would have insisted upon, our family gathered for the entire day after her service and spent time loving each other and enjoying the family that she was so proud of. She was the matriarch of the family and her legacy will live on forever!!
Her grandkids....all but Ryan (he was sleeping)
The oldest Boh grandkids & Mom's adopted son, Mason(16), Ferry(OLD) and Mitchell(18) - hammin' it up for the camera...watch out girls
My sister, brother their spouses and a most of all of our first cousins were able to come and visit.
Jeannie, Rick, Dad, Nancy, Don (front row) Monte and Connie (back)
The out of town family met at Crossroad's Diner in Dallas on Saturday for brunch.
Mom would have been so happy to have us all gathered at one of her favorite Restruants. Monte's friend, the chef and owner of Crossroads treated us to an AMAZING meal!
More cousin time at Harryette's home Saturday evening.
My sister and sister-in-law (the best sisters a girl could ask for)
We are SO BLESSED!!
Mom, I miss you every day and rest in the peace of the LORD knowing you are dancing with the Angels and watching us from above. Thank you Jesus!
2 comments:
Oh Nancy, what a beautiful post. We're still praying for you and your sweet family. Love!
You wrote this so well. She sure is smiling down from Heaven.
Post a Comment